Popular Posts

Friday, February 4, 2011

Observation Site Three

Site One
           When we first got down to the creek I thought there wasn't going to be much to see, But then as I looked closer I realized there was a lot more to it then a creek. It was freezing and hearing running water didn't help the already red cold hands of mine. Then I saw in the weeds where it looked like deer had been bedding down.

                                              
 After I took the picture of the deer bedding's I looked up and noticed a squirrel nest!  It was highhh up in a tree. It actually looked pretty cozy compared to the cold I was feeling.

Site Two
 After we walked from site one we finally got to the pond. It was still freezing, but now since we weren't in the cover of trees I got to feel the wind too. I could hear the wind and birds crowing in the distance. When I looked down I saw something that I had just seen before, but this time it was a lot smaller. I realized That this must be geese bedding's. Soon as i realized this geese flew right into the pond. I would show you a picture of the geese, but this blog is not letting me insert any more pictures. Sorry for the malfunction of the site.

Site Three
 It was still cold when we got down farther beside the pond. I was trying to listen to what was going on around me but Kim kept talking. Hah :) So that's what I heard. I didn't see much to being with then I noticed where a beaver had gnawed On this tree to cut it down. I wish I could have found where the beavers were.
 Right before we left I noticed a little Goose feather stuck on a peices of pond grass. It must have fell off when the goose was getting in or out the pond :)

Site Four
The last site was after a long walk back up to school. I could hear a lot of vehicles and kids running their mouths. I finally noticed this rotten hole in a tree and realized there was a litttlee bug in one of the little holes it looked like he dug out. It still felt pretty cold outside, the sun made it a little warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment