Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Observation Site Four

  Site One
  When we finally got down to the pond, I was very excited about what we were going to get to do. It was gorgeous outside. I could hear a train, the wind blowing and birds above. Feeling the breeze and the sun on my face was very refreshing. seeing Autumn Wood crushing pine cones and Katelynn falling made the trip even better. The picture above was taken right off the edge of the pond. This phytoplankton looks like a large plant under the water. 
Site Two
This picture is supposed to be in the center but this annoying blog isn't working correctly. I could hear the kids talking and wind when we got here. The wind and sun rays on my face felt amazing. The picture above is right off the shore line. There is some nice Algae   on the leaves and stick in the pond. it's definitely phytoplankton. specifically Cyanobacteria.

 Site Three
This site I found a lot of great things. I could feel the sun shining and the wind blowing. listening to the water running from the pond into the creek and a plane overhead. Above i found more algae in the creek. it was attached to the bottom I believe. This is another example of phytoplankton, specifically Cyanobacteria once again.

 
 Sadly as you can see there is pollution in our creek. Most likely the runoff from the football field or the bus garage gets into the pond then when the pond feeds out to the creek it gets caught on branches and this is what it causes. Pretty gross looking, i couldn't imagine being an animal having to drink that.

 Later down the creek there was a little puddle to the side. I noticed small brown/yellow colored Algae on the leaves in this little puddle. It looked to be slippery if touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment